FortiOS XSS vulnerabilities via FortiView Application filter, FortiToken activation & SSL VPN Replacement Messages
Three XSS vulnerabilities
- one via the the filter input in "Applications" under FortiView (CVE-2017-3131)
- the second via the action input during the activation of a FortiToken (CVE-2017-3132)
- the third via the Replacement Message HTML for SSL-VPN (CVE-2017-3133)
Execute unauthorized code or commands
- CVE-2017-3131 : FortiOS versions 5.4.0 to 5.6.0
- CVE-2017-3132 : FortiOS versions upto 5.6.0
- CVE-2017-3133 : FortiOS versions upto 5.6.0
Upgrade to FortiOS version 5.6.1
- CVE-2017-3131 and CVE-2017-3133 : Restrict "System Configuration" access to "None" for untrusted Admin Profiles.
- CVE-2017-3132 : Restrict "User & Device" access to "None" for untrusted Admin Profiles.
Fortinet is pleased to thank Patryk Bogdan of Secorda for reporting this vulnerability under responsible disclosure.